Casserole Recipe – which means “pan” in French is cooked food and then served in certain containers. And it is very suitable to be used as a breakfast menu because it is quickly cooked and can provide the nutrients your body needs to be more energized throughout the day.
Breakfast Casserole Recipe
Ingredients: 1 sausage 9 eggs 4 cups of grated potatoes 2 cups of grated cheese 1/2 cup of milk 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp garlic powder 1 tsp salt1 tsp black pepp.
How to make:
1. Preheat the oven. 2. Cut the sausages, fry with all the spices until golden brown. 3. Prepare a bowl, shake the eggs with milk. 4. Put all ingredients in the pan. 5. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked evenly.Serve when warm. Happy cooking ! source:vemale.com
A healthy lifestyle always starts with good eating habits. It helps manage your weight and promote well-functioning body. Consuming more vegetables is such an easy way to refresh your daily course.
And you never go wrong with low-carb and toothsome green bean casserole. One of the dishes that is right for the breakfast menu is a casserole.
If you don’t know about the menu yet, we gladly give you useful information and recipe here. Generally, this classic American side dish is served on Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter.
It is also a crowd-pleasing meal on the weeknight table. However, you can make it anytime whenever the craving hits.
Thanks to the Dorcas Reilly, a manager of Campbell’s Test Kitchen who developed the creamy menu in 1955. For the original recipe, it only takes around 10 minutes. He used canned French green beans, soy sauce, black pepper, and canned mushroom soup.
You might wonder why the casserole is popular especially for holiday dinners. The secret lies on the crunchy goodness. There are two crispy toppings that obviously indulge taste buds, parmesan cheese crumbs, and fried onions.
To cook a heartier and more nutritious version, you can swap out the canned green beans with the fresh ones. It will be even better if you grow the beans yourself. So, they are totally organic and safe for your whole family. In case you practice a keto diet, you need to buy gluten-free ingredients.
But, if you are not a fan of green beans, please think twice. They contain a lot of nutrients such as vitamins A and C. Talking about the minerals, they are source of magnesium, iron, and calcium. Plus, they provide you with high dietary fiber and low calorie. They will aid you to stay in ketosis.
For you who are interested in cooking casseroled green beans from the beginning, here is the secret recipe. Be sure you do not put the frozen ingredients in your meal.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Prepare Before Make Low Carb Green Bean Casserole?
Before cooking this delicious meal, go to your local farmers market or supermarket. Then, grab these ingredients.
- 2 pounds French green beans, rinsed, and trimmed
- ½ cup coconut cream or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, ghee, or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt to season
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (animal or plain-based milk of your choice)
- 2 cups finely chopped portobello, button, cremini, or baby Bella mushrooms.
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely minced
- ½ cup mozzarella or vegan cheese
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken broth (low sodium is preferred)
- ¾ cup parmesan crumbs (if using)
- 1 cup homemade crispy fried onions
- 3 strips crisply cooked beef, then chopped into small pieces (optional)
Low Carb Green Bean Casserole:
- First of all, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, boil salted water in the large pot over medium heat. The salt gives a flavor to the beans. Add the green beans and cook for 5-8 minutes until crisp and tender. Drain put it into a bowl filled with cold water and set them aside.
- Prepare the creamy sauce by adding butter, ghee or olive oil, and onion in a large oven-proof skillet. Saute for roughly 4 minutes. Combine with mushrooms and garlic. Continue cooking until their color turns into brownish. Sprinkle in pepper, almond flour, and salt.
To make the dish more palatable, pour the cream, broth, and milk into the mixture. Stir the sauce occasionally. When thickened, turn off the heat.
- Coatboiled green beans with the sauce and ½ part of fried onions. Mix them well. Transfer to the skillet. Put the parmesan crumb, mozzarella cheese, and remaining crunchy fried onions on top of the cooked green beans.
- Bake for around 15-18 minutes until it gets bubbly and warm through in the oven. For the toppings, they must be golden brown. Take the skillet out carefully. Then, serve it immediately.
The preparations take 15 minutes and cook time 25 minutes. In total, you need to allocate 40 minutes of your time. From our recipe, you can get 12 servings. So, it is a great menu to feed your whole clan or beloved friends. Furthermore, it is an entirely friendly side dish for keto lifestyle.
It is not only appetizing but also low in carb. Per serving, it gives you 138 calories based on a 2000 calorie diet. In addition, it just contains 3% carb, 10% protein, 15% fat, and 8% dietary fiber. Since keto diet emphasizes consuming moderately high in protein and fat, this dish is the way to go.
Can I Make this Keto Green Bean Casserole Menu Ahead of Time?
Of course, you can make this vegetable-loaded dish in advance. You have an extra time to focus on preparing the other things on important celebrations or holiday season feasts. We guarantee your friends and relatives will love this comforting food.
All you have to do is cooking the mushroom sauce and French green beans ahead of time. Once they are well-combined, pour into oven-safe pan or skillet. Cover casserole dish tightly with the aluminum foil or plastic wrap. You can store the meal in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
When you are ready for baking the casserole green beans, remove the cover. Follow the instructions as explained in our recipe. Whether you cook it ahead of time or not, it always leads you to the big success.
The taste is amazingly scrumptious as well. Plus, it brings your childhood memories back.
How Do I Store Leftover Green Bean Casserole?
Do not throw the leftover stuff away after the religious celebrations and holiday parties. Because you can reuse this flavorful and cheesy treat. We have simple tips for you to keep the food from being spoiled.
Transfer the dish to the airtight container and use foil or plastic wrap to cover it. Store well in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If you want to reheat the casserole meal, bake it gently in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. And enjoy it.
Overall, the casseroled green beans are worth to die for. Just imagine you munch on an indulgently savory, creamy, crunchy, and low-carb side dish. It is hassle-free and ready in less than one hour too.
To make your celebrations and beyond complete, let’s cook green bean casserole from scratch! For 15 More casserole recipes lets check on pinterest.